What To Expect When You See The Oral Surgeon For Same Day Consult And Surgery
We have prepared this sheet for your convenience and to make your appointment at our office easier. Our office generally functions quite differently from a general dental practice.
Before you come to our office:
- In order to accommodate patients request for consult and surgery the same day, we require some pertinent information in advance. Once this information is received, our doctors can evaluate and determine whether or not the patient is a suitable candidate for this type of service.
- We require a referral as well as a recent PAN x-ray (within one year) from your referring dentist. We also require personal & medical information. Our secure website can be used to provide us with the information or if you prefer we can fax or mail the forms to you. Please use this link to fill out our online registration.
- Once our doctors assess the information our staff will contact you. At that time we will explain the procedure, provide instructions and schedule an appointment. We will also mail a package that will include a dental predetermination form for you to forward to your insurance company.
When you arrive at our office:
- If you are under the legal age of 18, you must be accompanied by your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- The responsible party who will be driving you home must remain in our office for the duration of the appointment (usually between 3 and 4 hours.)
- You will be asked to pay for surgery/anesthetic (if applicable) on this day.
We work hard to stay on time, and understand that waiting is a nuisance. However, emergency patients often require our immediate care and attention. Ultimately you will receive our full attention.