Dear Patients and Referring offices of South Calgary Oral Maxillofacial Surgery,
We hope that you all have been keeping safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. As per the Government of Alberta’s relaunch strategy, on May 14, 2020, oral surgery facilities are allowed to proceed with full services including elective care with appropriate precautions within our surgical centre.
Our office puts the health and well-being of our patients and staff first and is committed to continuing to support collective efforts to slow the spread of COVID- 19. As a result, we have implemented the following new office protocols to help achieve this;
- Reduced Office Occupancy – We will be limiting the number of patients within the office at any given time. This means that as you wait to see the doctor for your appointment you might be asked to wait in your vehicle until the doctor is ready to see you.
- Only one person is allowed in the office at a time for the appointment or one parent/guardian can accompany a minor.
- Use of Barrier Shields – We now have barrier shields installed for use between staff members and patients.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – We will be following Alberta Health Service’s guidelines for the use of PPE.
- Aggressive Hospital Based Cleaning Procedures.
We are delighted to begin to welcome patients back into the office again to help them with their oral surgical needs . As this is still a very fluid situation, we will continue to make decisions with vigilance, based on information and guidance put forth both Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Dental Association and College.
We look forward to meeting your oral maxillofacial surgical needs. If your appointments had been cancelled due to Covid-19 please contact our office, we would be happy to reschedule your appointment. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.
The Surgeons and staff of South Calgary Oral Surgery
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: